There are several million possible combinations of genes at this time. Instead of attempting to list them all, some of the more common and/or interesting ones are listed here. So far very few of the genetic combinations have produced any surprises. That is, they tend to look the way one would generally expect them to look.
Some of the combinations have common names to more artistically describe the resulting morph. Some of the names are more popular than others, with some having universal acceptance and others being only used by a few people.
The "snow" group consists of amel combined with different red-removers.
· Snow is the combination of amel and anery.
· Blizzard is the combination of amel and charcoal.
· Butter is the combination of amel and caramel.
· Opal is the combination of amel and lavender.
· Mandarin is the combination of amel and kastanie.
· Peppermint is the combination of amel and cinder.
The "ghost" group consists of melanin reduction combined with red-removal.
· Ghost is the combination of hypo and anery.
· Coral Ghost is the combination of hypo and strawberry. These defy expectations of the double combo by developing a pink ground color.
· Phantom is the combination of hypo and charcoal.
· Amber is the combination of hypo and caramel.
· Hypo Lavenders have not yet gained a common name.
· Blue Motley is the combination of dilute, anery, and motley.
· Ice is the combination of lava and anery.
· Golddust is the combination of ultramel and caramel.
· Honey is the combination of sunkissed and caramel.
· Topaz is the combination of lava and caramel.
· Orchid is the combination of sunkissed and lavender.
· Diamond is the combination of lava and charcoal.
· The combination of lava and lavender is new and exciting, but has not yet been named.
The "Pewter" group consists of diffusion combined with red-removal.
· Pewter is the combination of diffusion and charcoal.
· Granite is the combination of diffusion and anery.
· Plasma is the combination of diffusion and lavender.
· Kastanie Bloods (formerly "rosy bloods") combine diffusion with kastanie.
· Fire is the combination of amel and diffusion.
· Avalanche is the triple combination of amel, anery, and diffusion.
· Whiteout is the triple combination of amel, charcoal, and diffusion.
· Sulfur is the triple combination of amel, caramel, and diffusion.
· Hypo Bloodreds combine hypo with diffusion.
· Moonstone is the combination of anery and lavender.
· Platinum is the combination of anery, charcoal, and hypo.
· Saffron is the combination of amel, caramel, and sunkissed.
· Coral Snow was the name of the combination of amel, anery, and strawberry. Many coral-colored snows, and normally-colored hypo snows have been called "coral" so this has been used less and less. The term "strawberry snow" is now gaining in usage for the triple genetic combination.
The latest craze in morphing seems to be producing combinations of a red-remover, a black-reducer, and a pattern trait. At this time, these are usually just called by the name of the normally-patterned type plus the pattern name, such as "amber motley" or "striped ghost" or "hypo pewter." However, some combinations might gain their own common names,as sulfur and avalanche and whiteout have.
PC . Mac . Laptop . Tablet . Android . iPhone . iPad
967 pages of morphin' fun!